Friday, February 20, 2015

Essential Oils-Let's Replace Modern Medicine


I have been using essential oils for a while now. They are an amazing replacement for modern medicine. Your probably thinking, yeah right they don't work but I promise you they work and they work better! I first found out about essential oils when a childhood girlfriend emailed me one day telling me about essential oils for medicine. I had always used peppermint oil for all natural bug spray and other oils for skincare but never had heard for medicine. I seriously was thinking in my head yeah right! Then one day when I was on vacation I got a really bad migraine. I am pretty sure it was because I had traveled for 16 hours with all my kids. Yes all three boys. I think anyone would have a migraine after that. I ended up taking 800mg of ibuprofen. It didn't work. My mother had to watch my kids because my head hurt sooo bad. I remember reading on my girlfriends essential oil page that peppermint took away headaches. So I tried it, dabbed some on my temples, neck and chest and literally minutes later I feel asleep. This was hours of laying there in pain.When I woke up I just couldn't believe it. It was amaaazing!

 Now the only thing I have really used is peppermint oil. But there are oils for everything from fevers,stomach aches,cuts and many more. You name it there is an oil for it. It like the Indian quote above. My kids and I don't really get sick and we haven't had fevers since I started using them last year but everyone I know who uses essential oils swears by it and after using peppermint oil I believe it! Now as much as I love oils I do think that preventative measures should be taken first. If I a get a migraine I try to figure out what cause it whether it is food or something in life that stressed me out, lack of exercise, etc. Now if the kids and I get sick I would probably narrow it down to not being as clean, washing hands as much,etc. I know everyone is not perfect. I have my days, weeks where I clean more then others. I get it. Everyone is going to get sick at one point but I always try to look back and reflect.


This is what essential oils are made out of. Eating these first are crucial for me

The one thing I realized when using peppermint for my headaches is inhaling the oil is what makes it work well. Headaches and migraine pain are often due to poor blood flow,and peppermint oil helps to open and close the vessel that promote flow.Peppermint also opens up the sinuses so that more oxygen can get into the bloodstream. When a migraine occurs blood vessels around the brain expand and inflame. I have had a few bad migraines and when I do I'll put it on my chest and lay in my bed under my blanket to really inhale it. It works best for me this way. You can also buy a diffuser which is like a humidifier but is made to put essential oils in the air. It diffuses the oil in the air making it easier to inhale.

There are so many endless ways to use oils. I will be posting all the ways I use them on my blog.  If your interested in using oils you can get them through a member of Young Living. They have the best quality oils to me and tons of information on how to use them.




 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png  photo D1093A6DD68335F2043E08F94B839EA2_zps4d5ed7c1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment