Thursday, January 8, 2015

Shiitake Mushroom and Bamboo Soup with Black Bean Noodles

I love mushrooms, especially shiitake. I made this soup the other day. It turned out really good. I absolutely loved the broth. The shiitake mushroom were so good along with the bamboo, kale and carrots. To top it off I made it with noodles made from black beans that are gluten free. I topped it with some chili flakes and was it soooo good. This soup literally takes 30 minutes to make and has a nice strong flavor in the small amount of time.

                        

Ingredients:
20 dried shitake mushrooms (already soaked)
2 chicken breast
1 20 ounce can bamboo
4 tablespoons mushroom seasoning
2 handfuls black bean noodles
1 cup cut kale
1\2 shredded carrots
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chili flakes

Directions:
Put first 4 ingredients in pot. Cover with water about an inch above the ingredients. Cover on med-low for about 25 minutes or until chicken is done. While that is cooking, cook the black bean noodles according to the directions on the box. Add the kale and carrots in the soup and cook until they are wilted. I don't like cooking the vegetables to much. I like the green color of the kale when it is fresh.You can shred the chicken in the pot or take it out and cut it up. Serve in a bowl with chili flakes and salt and pepper.



Here are the black bean noodles I get from Costco. They are to die for. I love cooking with them.

Here is the mushroom seasoning I use. It is msg free. You can buy it at your local Asian Grocery Store. My mom and I also add a few spoonfuls to our Pho.
h

Laugh and Love
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment