Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Balela

I wanted to share this quick snack. I found Balela at Costco that I absolutely love. It is a Middle Eastern dish, pretty much like hummus but not put in a food processor. The chick peas are whole making the dish amazing with all the herbs and oil that is incorporated with it. It is full of protein, healthy fats and the fresh herbs make it very healthy. It is always better to make things at home but this is a quick snack I love. It is great cold or heated up.


I usually make mine with rice crackers. You can either heat then up in the microwave or oven. They are gluten free and low in fat. Makes for a healthy snack or meal that is high in protein, good oils and fresh herbs.

The rice paper before and after.


I break it up and put it around the bowl or on the side.

 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png
           Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment