Monday, January 26, 2015

Skinny Spring Rolls

We made these spring rolls at my girlfriends house the other day. I really like the combination we came up with. These wraps are what made me loose 30 pounds after I was pregnant. They are not only low calories but they are healthy. Eating these will make you feel great. You are what you eat, right?!

We put white rice in them which I never recommend especially if your trying to change your lifestyle or loose some weight. My family eats plain white rice about once a month. Better alternatives are quinoa (my favorite) brown,red and black rice. When I really try to shed some weight, I cut all the grains out and eat fruit for my carbohydrates.


Ingredients:
Cilantro
Roasted Red Peppers
Avocado
Onions
Carrots
Cucumbers
Lettuce
Rice (optional)
Rice paper

Sauce:
Peanut butter
Housing Sauce
Broth, we used vegetarian.
Crushed peanuts

Add hoisin and peanut butter equal parts. Add broth to liquidify it. Top with crushed peanuts.

Get the rice paper wet. Layer veggies in then start rolling! It will take practice to get this down!

 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png
               Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment