Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Taste of the Mediterranean

I went to a Mediterranean restaurant this week with my friend called Marrakesh and I can not tell you how good it was. From the tabbouleh, fava beans, hummus, chicken, rice, baba Ganoush, pita bread, rice wrapped in grape leaves and so much more I was in absolute heaven. I loved it so much I got inspired to make something similar to it.

Instead of garbanzo beans that is made in a usual hummas I used some black beans instead. All I did was smashed the beans until they were mashed and then added some olive oil, roasted garlic and salt and pepper. I tried using a minimal amount of oil but you can make it to your taste buds. I served it on my plate topped with green onions, cilantro, sliced red onions, sliced tomato and pita bread on the side. 


I topped each pita like this and It was amazing.



Here is the plate from the restaurant. The kids and I shared this plate. They both loved the chicken and rice and of course my youngest tried everything!


Laugh and Love
Christine



Link today up with


No comments:

Post a Comment