Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kumato Beef Spring Rolls with Basil Parmesan Greek Yogurt Sauce

I always love eating spring rolls because they are healthy, lite and low in calories. You can put just about anything in them and dip them in any sauce too! Rice paper is a great replacement for bread and it doesn't make me feel full and tired after I eat. 

I had some left over ground beef my husband had cooked for chili so I decided to make them into wraps. I placed the ingredients below and just wrap as I pleased. If you like it super crunchy add more cucumbers, if you like more spinach add some more. I think you got the point ;)

Ingredients: 

A mandolin slicer would be great for a few of these ingredients. 

kumato tomatoes sliced
onions sliced
basil torn into pieces
spinach
cucumber sliced long
Fresh parmasan cheese
Ground beef cooked plain in a pan (I used grass feed)
Rice paper (needs to be wet right before you use)

Basil and Parmasan Greek Yogurt

1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup torn basil leaves
5 tablespoons fresh grated parmasan cheese

Mix ingredients together well. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Tip: If you want a pretty roll for entertaining with the tomato on top (same as picture below) you need to place all other ingredients first and roll the rice paper halfway. Then add the tomatoes last towards the end of the wrap. This way the rice paper is not to thick and is thin enough to see the tomatoes.

Of course I had mine with hot sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment