Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall Lovin

Fall is my favorite time of the year,  although when every season comes I could probably say the same. I just love nature changing the leaves colors, orange and white pumpkins everywhere, scarecrow decorations, the smell of pumpkin spice creamer when I make my coffee in the morning, wearing oversized sweaters and knee high boots! Love love love it ;)
If you have read some of my post, my husband and I love yard sale shopping and especially love estate sales(I have a thing for antiques) We went this last weekend and everywhere we went we found something we wanted. Most times I go I'll bring home maybe 1 or 2 things but by the time we got home the kids couldn't get out of the car! We ended up finding a sale with boxes of Michael's silk flowers that filled a whole driveway. I was so excited and I am actually wishing I would have bought more! I made a couple of arrangements (pictures below) and I am still working on my fireplace mantle (stay tuned for a post).
I already had these fresh gourds I purchases at the local grocery store. I added some leaves and a white candle and it was perfect.


You can get similar arrangement here, just click on the links.


On our property we have about a half acre of solidago aster thats growing wild. Here I
it grows like a weed, even on the sides of the road. I paired the solidago aster and orange-red sunflowers together. I found an old glass vase I found at a thrift store and sprayed it  with oil rubbed bronze spray paint.


You can get similar arrangment here.
Silk Flame Sunflowers, similar filler to solidago aster here, another vase I like here 


Here are all the silk flowers I bought. I added everything up and it equaled $210. I paid $12. Perks of yard sale shopping. Hopefully you can shop around and get some deals to do DIY crafts :)



Laugh and Love
Hope your enjoying Fall!
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment