Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tomato Basil Quinoa

The taste of fresh tomato and basil are like the best marriage to me, a husband and wife that should never be separate. They are absolutely amazing together. I have been craving them a lot lately and instead of a typical caprese I decided to incorporate it with some protein packed quinoa, aged parmesan and spinach. It came out wonderful and I will be making this again soon. My youngest son gobbled it up ;)

Ingredients:
2 cups Quinoa chilled
10 fresh basil leaves torn
2 kumato tomatoes sliced in wedges
1/2 cup aged parmasan cheese grated or shaved
1 cup boiled spinach (I squeeze excess water out)
Balsamic Glaze or Italian dressing

Toss first 5 ingredients together. Drizzle balsamic glaze or Italian dressing on top. Garnish with fresh basil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment