Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chicken Tostadas with Corn Salsa

Tacos are such an easy meal and taste so good. For me easy meals are a must because my three boys sure make me tired all day everyday! I make these chicken tacos with salsa from a jar. You can cook these two ways. All you do is take some chicken, put it in a crockpot and cover with salsa . I sprinkle some coriander seeds and a couple cloves of garlic(optional) and cook on low for 6 hours. If I ever have some left over chicken I'll shred the chicken and cook it in a pot with salsa until hot. The longer you cook the chicken the more tender it gets but I like it both ways.

Corn Salsa

Juice of 1 large lime
4 tomatoes chopped
1/2 bunch cilantro  fine diced
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 corn
1 tablespoon coriander seeds (I prefer whole but you can get crushed)
1 jalapeno fine dice, if you like spicy
Salt and Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients together then let it chill before serving.

We made soft tacos and tostadas and they were super tasty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment