Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Weight Loss update

Weight Loss is probably the hardest thing for most people to do and I completely understand. I think it's definitely one of the hardest things in life to accomplish. The last 2 months I have been trying to loose weight since I am done breastfeeding my last boy. Everytime I have had one of my boys I only loose about 10 pounds right after delivery. I eat more after my pregnancy and crave more salty or sweet foods, I think maybe because I am breastfeeding and my hormones are crazy still, who knows. I also don't like to worry that the babies aren't getting enough nutrients. Now that I am no longer breastfeeding it is sooo much easier and less stressful to loose weight.

My recommendations for loosing weight.

SELF CONTROL/CONSISTENCY
If you have no self control you will never loose weight and it needs to be consistant.I think that goes for eveything in life, managing your money, when your angry, water your plants, when you decipline your children, everything.

SERVING SIZE/PORTION CONTROL This is the biggest step in loosing weight. I still eat fatty foods definitely not everyday but maybe twice a week and if For example I ate a hamburger it be half with veggies.

DON'T GUESS ON MEASURING
Get some measuring cups and measuring spoons and measure EVERYTHING!

FITNESS PAL APP FOR PHONE
I love this app. It helps you count calories and tells you your nutrition facts for the day. That way you can see what your lacking and what your getting too much of.

EXERCISE
Great for being healthy and getting your heart rate up. If your not use to working out don't over do it. I think it's better to walk or jog 1-2 miles 6 days a week or close to that instead of running twice a week and running 5 miles. Consistency is best.

Also there is a big difference in being healthy and trying to loose weight. If you only eat fatty foods but it is the smallest portion, you can still loose weight. I don't recommend that route but it is possible because I still don't eat the greatest. Veggies and fruit are always the way to go because of the the nutrients and fighting off disease.

My highest weight was 158. My goal weight was 130. My BMI (body mass index) is between 110-140lbs at 5'4. Im planning on getting in the middle at 122lbs. When I am at my goal weight Ill probably do more strengthening exercises so I can tone up. Im almost there. Feels like forever, slowly but surely! Once I get to my goal I'll post before and after pictures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment