Thursday, June 13, 2013

Portion Control

I received an emailed asking if I could do a post on food portions. Right now Im eating 1200 calories per day. Some days less or more. If your overweight then 1200 calories seems like your starving yourself and technically you are compared to what you ate before. It's something you just have to adjust to. The first month is the worse then eventually you get use to it and it's your LIFESTYLE!

I posted a picture of a typical meal Ill eat. 1 cup cooked spinach, 1 avocado and 3 slices turkey meat. It equals to about 350 calories( that is with about 1 tsp hot sauce and 1 tablespoon soy sauce). This is mainly what I eat for the week. Ill have coffee in the morning which is about 70-100 calories. So three of these meals times 3 equals 1050 plus 100 for coffee is 1150. Doesn't seem like a lot because it isn't.
Now if I eat fatty foods, like today for lunch we got the kids Little Ceasars pizza. I ate half a slice of cheese pizza and half a breadstick with 1 cup of spinach and 1/3 cup pinto beans. You can still eat foods like pizza you just have to eat less. Once in a while won't hurt.
Remember being skinny doesn't mean your healthy. It means you eat less. Eat healthy to fight off disease!
I posted a pic of my before and after so far. I definitely need my body toned but I still have ten more pounds to go. Well worth it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment