Monday, April 20, 2015

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are to die for! I posted them on my social networks last week so you might have seen them but I wanted to share the recipe. I totally cheated and used pre-made pancake mix but who cares they were seriously so good! These don't even need syrup. Boomer and I shared three of them and I ate the side without syrup. I actually like them more by themselves. They taste like bread/muffin/cake goodness together. Seriously the best! The ricotta makes them so creamy too! I used a drop of essential oils in the batch also which gave it such a great lemon flavor. If you use lemon oil make sure you get a good quality that is edible. Not all oils are equaled the same. Here is the recipe.



Ingredients:

2 cups pancake mix
2 lemons, juice and zest from both
1 drop YL Essential Oils
2 eggs
1 cup milk
Real Butter

Mix all ingredients together except butter. Heat pan on med-low and add a slice of butter. When I make pancakes I do not cheat on the butter. It is what makes those sides super crispy and good tasting. Pou pancake mix on griddle/pan and flip when it starts to bubble. Serve with syrup if you like and some slice lemons. ENJOY!
 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png  photo D1093A6DD68335F2043E08F94B839EA2_zps4d5ed7c1.png

2 comments:

  1. Boomer and I shared three of them and I ate the side without syrup.

    Quit trying to starve the poor boy..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was his second breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete