Friday, March 13, 2015

Healthy Eating

Hope everyone is having a great Friday and yay for the weekend! I have been so busy with the kids after school activities,doctors appointments,laundry,cooking,yoga,taking care of the dogs, cleaning the house(I know story of our lives,right!) I have been eating junk food lately and not that it's a bad thing I actually think it's great to indulge once in a while maybe even a few times a week. Ultimately I always try to eat healthy because it really makes me feel energized. If I start eating junk food on a regular basis I will feel groggy in the morning and it just sucks trying to get up. When I started eating REALLY healthy a few years back I never wanted to get back in eating bad food regularly because it's just not worth it to feel tired all day long, drinking coffee after coffee and taking care of three boys. I know a lot of mother's feel like this and I promise you if you change your eating habits it is so worth it!
I posted a sauerkraut recipe a few weeks ago you can see here. I made another batch with purple cabbage that came out amazing. I let this one sit longer, about four days and oooohh was it so good. I made a salmon steak the other night with some quinoa,steamed vegetables,sauerkraut on the side and some fresh basil and cilantro on top. This was so good and the only seasoning I used was the Himalayan Salt from the sauerkraut and olive oil from the salmon. I ate half this and saved the rest for another meal.


 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png  photo D1093A6DD68335F2043E08F94B839EA2_zps4d5ed7c1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment