Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My Favorite Weight Loss Foods

I wanted to share my absolute favorite foods I ate for weight loss. There are many different ways to loose weight and everyone needs to find what works for them but these are what really made me loose weight.
I posted below spring rolls and hand rolls. Now I know these are typical oriental foods and people always tend to match them with oriental spices but I don't. I mixed them with anything and everything possible. There are two ingredients I always use, a type of protein and a type of vegetable. I stayed away from foods high in carbohydrates like rice, bread and noodles. The rice paper and seaweed are great substitutes for those. If I made tacos for my family I would replace my tacos with rice paper. I have also made mediterranean spring rolls with a greek yogurt sauce that were great also. What ever protein I cooked for my family whether it is steak, chicken, shrimp, beans, etc the list can go on and on I mixed with whatever veggies I have. These are really healthy and nutritious for you and are low calorie. They taste amazing also!

Another reason why I also recommend cutting out foods high in carbohydrates is because I don't feel tired everyday. I use to feel so sluggish and exhausted all the time I could barely get house work done. I feel full of energy now and I love it. I also don't feel bloated and full which is really nice.

Quick tip for seaweed rolls. Make sure whatever you put on the seaweed first is warm. I heat up my hummas then spread on the seaweed. The heat softens the seaweed so it won't break.

Roasted Seaweed handroll with hummas, clover sprouts, cilantro, red onions, cucumbers and mint. 

Spring roll with hummas, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, carrots, green bell peppers and red onion

Roasted Pine Nut Hummas

Laugh and Love
Christine


For more Spring Roll recipes you can use the search box to the left of my blog page. Type in the word spring roll. Thanks!! ;)


7 comments:

  1. a delicious list of foods. Thank you for sharing your lovely blog at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you show how to roll these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure. I was actually thinking about posting the details of rolling them because I know people have a hard time. ;)

      Delete
  3. I agree...everything you have here looks delicious...thanks for sharing on the Thursday Blog Hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. words for cool slang For a good healthy lifestyle, we want quite forty completely different nutrients, and no single food will provide all of them. it's not a few single meals.

    ReplyDelete