Thursday, February 6, 2014

Almost Raw PB Chocolate Balls

I saw these on Facebook from Apothecary and the minute I saw them I HAD to make them. The company is in San Juan Capistrano, Ca and if I lived there still I would eat there all the time! I literally made them right after I saw them. They are so easy to make and taste so good! They only take about 10 minutes to make. You can switch the ingredients also. The recipe originally called for honey and only flax seed but I did half flax/hemp seeds and used pure maple syrup. Also, instead of putting in chocolate chips I drizzled some on top. I thought my kids would like it more that way. These are great because they are not cooked leaving more nutrients in the food, ( if you didn't know when you cook food above 115 degrees it looses a lot of the nutrients). These are a healthier dessert and would be great for VALENTINE' S DAY!♥♥♥

Ingredients:
2 cups dry oatmeal
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup flax seed
1/2 hemp seed
2/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate 

Directions:

Melt the chocolate. I like to double boil mine, it prevents it from burning. If the chocolate is too thick you can add butter or shortening. While the chocolate is melting, mix the rest of ingredients together. Roll into balls. I made about 20. Drizzle chocolate on top. Wait for them to dry and serve!

You can swith ingredients and add whatever you would like, nuts, coconut, white chocolate, etc.You can also add another 1/2 chocolate chips into the mixture for more sweetness!











Laugh and Love
Christine

5 comments:

  1. When the swallows.......:) I guess the train cars are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't been in a while but from what I remember it is all the same. I'll be back in the summer to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooey gooey goodness. Yum Thank you for helping to make the Thursday Favorite Things Blog hop so much fun. Big Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete