Sunday, April 28, 2013

Flax Seed

Lately I have spoken to a few people that have some health problems. It really makes me want to eat super healthy but for me and the reality of that is super slim. I'm sure for most of us it is. I always try to make bad food have something healthy in it so at least the kids are getting something nutritious. Flax seed is always used in my house.  Here I have pictures of pancake mixes and mac n cheese.
When I make pancakes especially with bleached flour I always add a ton of flax in the batter and the kids can not even tell. You could add it on the top also. It has a great nutty flavor I love.
For mac and cheese, I don't buy the boxed kind anymore not even organic. I boil noodles and add butter and cheese and flax. Kids can't even tell on this one either.
I absolutely love using flax for all the omega-3 fatty acids, lignans and fiber. Omega s are great for your childrens brains development.
Always try to add some fruit or vegetable with every meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment