Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Curry Vegetables with Salmon and Sweet Potato Mash

I love sweet potatoes. I really love them fried but they are really bad for you to eat on a consistent basis so I make mashed sweet potatoes. I put some fresh sauteed garlic and coconut milk to make them creamy. I would have these any day over regular potatoes. I made them this morning with some stir fried vegetable curry.
Curry is also another amazing health food I can never get enough of. I stir fried vegetables with some coconut oil, garlic,ginger,curry powder,fish sauce and basil oil. Getting a good grade curry is so important. When I go to the regular store and get curry powder I always have to use tons of the powder.The curry powder I use is from either a Asian store or Indian store. I literally use half a tablespoon and that is it. I posted a  picture below of a good quality curry powder.




Curry vegetables
4 cups vegetables
1 cup cherry tomatoes
4 tablespoons coconut oil
4 gloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons ginger minced
1/2 tablespoon curry powder
Fish sauce to taste, about 1/2 tablespoon.Salt is a good substitute
Pepper to taste
Heat pan on medium heat.Add coconut oil. When the coconut oil is hot add the ginger and garlic. Add the vegetables and stir well. Cook vegetables through. If your using tomatoes you can throw those in after you turn off the pan. Cover it and let sit a few minutes. The tomatoes will cook perfectly. You don't want them breaking open. Add fish sauce or salt and pepper to taste.

Sweet Potato Mash
2 sweet potatoes
4 tablespoons coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon sauteed garlic

Boil sweet potatoes til soft. Rinse water out then mashed til creamy. Add coconut milk and garlic. Mix well for a more creamy texture.





 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png  photo D1093A6DD68335F2043E08F94B839EA2_zps4d5ed7c1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment