Thursday, November 6, 2014

MSG aka Natural Flavoring

If you get constant headaches or feel tired, unbalanced or feel like you have no energy MSG is a big cause of it. I HIGHLY recommend taking it out of your diet completely. MSG is a FDA approved food flavoring and the reason why is because it doesn't kill you right away but it sure will give you diseases in the long run. MSG is the sodium salt of glutamic acid, one of the most abundant naturally-occurring non-essential amino acids. MSG is found in some vegetables and fruits naturally therefore making it labeled as "natural" on our food packaging when indeed it is not!
Here are some alternate names of MSG, some you might find on food packaging.
Natural Flavoring
Amino acids
Autolyzed yeast 
Citric acid
Glutamate 
Glutamic acid 
Hydrolyzed protein 
Monopotassium glutamate 
Monosodium glutamate 
Protein 
Whey protein concentrate
Monosodium glutamate
Sodium 2-aminopentanedioate
Glutamic acid, monosodium salt,
monohydrate
L-Glutamic acid,
monosodium salt,
monohydrate
L-Monosodium glutamate monohydrate
Monosodium
L-glutamate monohydrateMSG monohydrate
Sodium glutamate monohydrate
UNII-W81N5U6R6U
amino acids (They almost invariably contain glutamic acid.) 
Scary isn't it ; (
Here are some foods that have MSG in it or are labeled natural flavoring. Natural flavoring can also be other ingredients like aspartame which is also bad for you. It is too broad of a description so I say WHEN IN DOUBT THROW IT OUT!
Contains "natural flavoring"
A good substitute is plain broccoli. Season yourself.



Go-gurts labeled with "natural flavoring".
On top of that the ingredients say no live active cultures.


A better substitute I like.


Labeled with "natural flavors"


A better substitute


It's annoying, a pain and it stresses me out just worrying about everything my children and I are eating. It is ridiculous how the FDA allows this. I wrote this post because this is something I experienced myself. Everytime I got a headache I have always linked it back to food I ate that day or the day before that contained MSG. Read labels and understand that you really are what you eat!

LAUGH LOVE AND HEALTH
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment