Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Carnitas

One of my all time favorite food is MEXICAN!! I grew up in Southern California so it is basically in my blood. I love making carnitas because it is another crock-pot recipe that is really easy. The boys love it and my friends always love it too. When I make this for parties I also use it for pulled pork sandwiches. I'll buy tortillas, chips and toppings for tacos and burritos and also buy buns, bbq sauce and coleslaw. That way people have four different choices of food, including, tacos,burritos, nachos and pulled pork sandwiches. Recipe is below.

 




Ingredients
  • 1 Pork Butt
  • Lawry's Salt
  • Garlic Powder
  • paprika
  • 2 limes
Place the pork butt in the crock pot. Season both sides with dry ingredients. Be generous when your seasoning, as the pork butt is pretty big. Zest both limes on top of the pork butt. Squeeze juice from the limes on top letting some of the zest run to the bottom of the pot. Cook for 6 hours on high heat. Serve with your favorite toppings.



 photo 01BC73B7716DAF968B14DF126EE4CCA8_zpsd25a3790.png

Christine

1 comment: