Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sopes

I haven't made homemade sopes in years and was craving them so deciding to cook some up. If you don't know what a sope is they are pretty much a thick tortilla deep fried then topped with beans, meat, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, cheese and sour cream. You can add any topping you like too. They are really easy to make.

All you do is buy masa which is cornmeal and follow the directions on the package.  I don't add salt but again for this you can add whatever you like, salt, chili powder or even green chilis. After you mix the masa you form balls then mold them into a thick tortilla. Some people put a groove in the midde to hold the beans and meat but I don't.  It takes less time and they taste the same. You then fry them in corn or canola oil. Top with ingredients you prefer.

Here are the sopes I made. My husband requested ground beef so I used black beans and ground beef then all the extra toppings. They were a hit with my whole family.


Laugh and Love
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment