Thursday, April 24, 2014

Self Worth

I have realized in the last year that my children don't come first. I know sounds horrible, right?! I use to live every second of everyday thinking about what my children needed or what they wanted. I woke up thinking what I needed to do to accommodate them. What I could do today to make them happy. I never once thought about what I wanted to do or what makes me happy. It was always the park or lets go play with their friends somewhere and have a playdate. I let myself go, I never had me time or a simple hour coffee with a girlfriend. Plans with my friends or myself were always second. I make it a point to do things I want now. I have realized a lot recently that my happiness needs to come first. I know it sound selfish but to me it is not. I want my kids to grow up and be VERY secure with themselves and I can't show them that without me doing things I love for myself. Showing them that myself comes first and that I will never put anyone before me because no one will be happy around me unless I am amazingly happy with myself. I am the happiest I have ever been in my life accepting the good and not so good about me. I have learned to balance myself and my kids so I and my boys can both have a perfect imperfect life. I hope this didn't sound selfish because that was not my intention. My kids will always be my priority but I will always.............






Laugh and Love
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment