Thursday, October 24, 2013

Superfruit Camu Powder

The season of sickness is coming and I really do not want any of us to get sick! Two more months and it will be a year since we have been sick and I would really like to keep it up! I am not sure if it's because I really have tried to be consistent on sneaking veggies or incorporating more veggies and fruits in our diet or if it's because the air here is so fresh because of all the plants. I don't know what it is but I need to keep it up! I have been giving the kids and I Camu powder from Navitas Naturals for about 6 months and will definitely keep it in our diet. It is a berry grown in the Amazon rainforest of Peru and Brazil. It has antioxidants, amino acids and mostly known for it's high vitamin C content. It has about 30-60 times more vitamin C than an orange which is the main reason I decided to try it. The best way I like it is in smoothies. It has a very strong bitter flavor, kind of like a lemon rind so when you first use it you might want to try a little first. The recipe below my kids devoured! 

Camu Berry Smoothie:
2 cups frozen berries
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vanilla ice cream
1/2 tablespoon camu powder

Blend all ingredients together in a blender until smooth. The more you blend it the better it will taste. I can't tell you how many times I have bought a smoothie and it wasn't blended well.

*Always adjust ingredients to your taste





Laugh ♥ Love
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment