Friday, September 13, 2013

Scrambled Egg Stir fry

I love to stir fry on lazy days because it's easy and a good hot meal. My husband is the pickiest of eaters and he loves this dish. This one I made black rice with sautéed onions, bell peppers and scrambled eggs. All you do is cook rice in a rice cooker (quinoa I also cook in rice cooker) I always cook on the button white rice whether it's quinoa, red, brown or black rice. Sauté onions and garlic in some extra virgin olive oil, then add veggies.I then cook the scrambled eggs. I serve it on rice with some soy sauce and top with cilantro or any herb you like. 
For my kids I make rice balls. Get your hands a little damp and mush the rice into a ball. It takes a few minutes to roll them but it's better then rice all over your floor! I served the kids with cucumbers because they won't eat the peppers. 
My kids eat two servings of these plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment