Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Homemade Baby Wipes

I started making homemade baby wipes. For the longest time I kept saying it was too much work but then I thought so is working for money and health! I have tried a few different ingredients and this is my favorite. Three ingredients, water, coconut oil and lotion. I make a container about every two days. I love these so much better then store bought because not only do I use them for changing diapers but they are safe to use on your kids faces and hands. Coconut oil does wonders for your skin. It's a great moisturizer for your skin and mask for your hair.

Below are the directions

IF YOU HAVE AN INFANT UNDER 1 YEARS OLD I DO NOT RECOMMEND USING COCONUT OIL AS DOCTORS DO NOT RECOMMEND ANY NUTS BEFORE THE AGE OF ONE. OLIVE OIL MAY BE A GOOD SUBSTITUTE BUT ALWAYS CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR FIRST.

Ingredients:
1 cup water
2 tb coconut oil
2 tb lotion

1/2 Paper roll, most times I use a quarter.

Directions:
1.Cut a paper towel roll in half
2. Place half the roll in a container with the side you cut on the top.
3.Mix all ingredients together. I use a mason jar so I can shake it.
4. Seperate between the sheets so the water mixture can get through.
5  Pour half ingredients over paper towel as evenly as you can. Let sit a few minutes
6. Turn paper towels over and repeat step 4 and 5. 7. Take the middle of the cardboard roll out and pull the first peice of paper towel out from the middle. Place lid on with a little push and now you have homemade wipes. I used an old wipe container but you can buy a cheap one at the dollar store. You can always add more or less of each ingredient depending on how wet or oily you would like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment